Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Employee Type: Full-Time Employee
Manages Others: No
Job Type: CDL Driver/Warehouse Worker
Travel: 90% Driving
A growing wholesaler/distributor of seed is recruiting a driver to support to its team in Sioux Falls, SD. The candidate will transport products form distribution center to customer locations, conduct pre/post trip inspections, load/unload products from delivery vehicle to desired customer location and other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate is a problem solver who can work effectively, efficiently and independently in a deadline-driven, dynamic, team environment. Candidate works with a sense of urgency and utilizes a proactive approach without relying on follow-up from others. Candidate resolves problems with minimal direction and consistently seeks process improvement. Candidate is flexible and committed to work long hours and contribute to growing the business.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Provide quality service to customers using clear communication skills.
- Be knowledgeable regarding all company products and services.
- Inspect loaded truck for accuracy of order, compliance with weight restrictions, and proper securing of load.
- Perform DOT-required pre-trip and post-trip inspections.
- Maintain accurate records for submission to Fleet Office.
- Ensure safety of vehicle; report all mechanical problems promptly to office.
- Ensure safety and proper performance of helpers on company property, job site and in transit;
- Address property-damage or personal injury occurrences immediately, including calling for medical attention, as needed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Must have CDL.
- Pick all orders (Verify Sales Order information including Lot Numbers – Make changes as needed)
- Load Outgoing Company Vehicles for Delivery
- Build & Wrap Pallets for LTL Deliveries
- Load and unload trucks
- Assist Customers at time of pick up – load customer vehicles
- Mix Special orders as needed
- Package & Ship UPS & Speedee Orders
- Maintain clean warehouse – Sweep/Organize/Etc
- Drive Van to make deliveries as needed
- Fork Lift Driving Required
- Ability to lift 65 pounds
- Requires CDL, Class A preferred
- Excellent verbal, written, listening and interpersonal communication skills;
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, prioritization skills with attention to detail;
- Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information;
- 2+ years of similar experience;
- Knowledge of grass and experience mixing a plus;
For consideration submit resume with cover letter and SALARY/HOURLY REQUIREMENTS.