Falcon III builds on a fine tradition of Falcon and Falcon II by being one of the top varieties in NTEP turf type tall fescue trials. Falcon III gets strong marks in NTEP turf trials for excellent performance in sun, dense shade, under traffic stress, severe drought and brown patch disease pressure.
Falcon III is a moderately fine textured variety with deep dark green turf. Falcon III is an endophyte enhanced tall fescue with >60% Neotyphodium coenophialum endophyte which
provides resistance to a number of leaf and crown feeding insects and nematodes.
The presence of endophyte also contribute to improved biotic and abiotic stress tolerance, faster seed establishment, enhanced fall recovery and reduced summer weed invasion.
- Tied for 4th in mean turf quality in the 1997-2000 Final Report NTEP No. 01-14 Tall fescue test
- Tied for 1st in brown patch resistance across 15 test locations in the coastal plains of Virginia, Mid Atlantic region of Maryland and New Jersey; the Piedmont region of Georgia and Arkansas.
- Improved resistance to leaf spot, pythium blight and winter net blotch
- Recommended for permanent turf in full sun or partial shade
- Intended for home lawns, commercial sites, parks and golf course roughs
- Developed for the discriminating superintendent, landscaper and sports turf manager
- Utilized from the dry temperate climates of southern California to the hot and humid regions of the southeastern US
- Best utilized in grass seed mixtures maintained at a high height of cut with Kentucky bluegrass, perennial ryegrass, hard fescue, sheep fescue or strong creeping red fescue