Mercury Kentucky Bluegrass turf has the high shear strength needed for sports fields and sod production from its father, P-105, combined with the shade and drought tolerance from its Compact America type mother. Fast germination and quick establishment makes this bluegrass seed the perfect bluegrass for new stands or over seeding. Mercury Kentucky Bluegrass turf is a dark green, medium textured variety with exceptional uniformity. It has medium density and, while it performs very well in the shade, it is also a good summer performer with very good heat and drought tolerance. Mercury has a large seed and above average seedling vigor and establishment. Mercury Kentucky Bluegrass turf establishes quickly and produces a tough turf with excellent sod shear strength.
- Excellent shear strength
- Very good summer stress tolerance
- Medium dark green genetic color
- Excellent shade tolerance
- Excellent Summer Patch and Rust resistance
- Good Leaf Spot, Dollar Spot, and Red Thread resistance
- Uses: Ideal for sod, athletic fields, playgrounds, parks, and lawns
Visit our Mixes page to explore premium Earth Carpet® mixes with Kentucky Bluegrass varieties. View mixes.