Sideways perennial ryegrass turf develops aggressive, strong spreading stolons at an early stage, which contributes improved wear tolerance and recovery, along with increased density when used for permanent turf. Sideways perennial ryegrass was developed to increase persistence and summer stress tolerance. This perennial ryegrass is a dwarf variety with dense, fine-textured leaves and excellent color for increased turf quality and appearance.
This ryegrass variety also exhibits good resistance to Red Thread and Brown Patch and very high levels of Gray Leaf Spot (GLS) resistance. Sideways delivers high turf performance when used for both permanent turf, or for overseeding of winter-dormant bermudagrass. Sideways perennial ryegrass turf can be managed under a wide range of maintenance levels, ranging from residential turf to high end sports or golf courses. The high endophyte content in Sideways makes it resistant to many insects.
- Highest Gray Leaf Spot resistance
- Very high summer stress tolerance
- Early development of aggressively spreading stolons, beneficial for permanent turf use
- Very dense turf, fine leaf texture and vibrant dark green color
- High drought tolerance, with good persistence as permanent turf
- Mature plant salt tolerance
- Ideal for use on commercial and home lawns, parks, schools, sports
fields and golf course fairways, tees and roughs
Visit our Mixes page to explore premium Earth Carpet® mixes with turf-type perennial ryegrass varieties. View mixes.