Soil First SF Select Radish brassica cover crop was selected based on performance in the field. This new daikon-type radish variety was evaluated across many different soil types and environments from the Northwest to the upper Midwest and Transition Zone. SF Select Radish is a superior, deep penetrating taproot is one characteristic that separates it from other varieties, growing to a level of 3-6 ft., based on soil type, region and planting date. The upper portion of the taproot (or tuber) can grow to a length of 12-24 in. SF Select Radish brassica will germinate in only a couple days when moisture is present.
- Reduces compaction and improves drainage and air/ water movement (through rapid spring decay)
- Soaks up and releases nitrogen and other nutrients in spring when cash crops need it most
- Dense seed makes for easy planting, typically reaching full growth in 6-8 weeks (about 900 GDD)
- Shades out winter annuals and suppresses spring annual weeds
- Winterkills with temperatures in the teens
Visit our Mixes page to explore premium Soil First mixes blended with different brassica varieties. View mixes.