1 = Poor; 5 = Excellent
Grain Color: Red
Plant Color: Purple
Plant Height: 40-45 in.
Panicle Type: Semi-Open
Panicle Exertion: 5
Disease and Pest Reaction
Head Smut: 5
Downy Mildew: 5
Greenbug Resistance: C&E
Maturity to Mid-Bloom: 64-67
Harvested Grain Tannin: None
Pre-Flower Stress Tolerance: 5
Irrigated bu/ac: 150-170
Irrigated lbs/ac: 7000-9000
- Great option for double crop in most areas, or as a late planted dryland or irrigated hybrid
Emergence (days): 10
- Soil temperature of 60 F and climbing
- Average seeds/pound: 15,000
- Planting depth should be 1-2 in., depending on soil moisture
- Follow recommended seeding rates for your area:
Higher moisture areas: 4-6 lbs./acre
High plains (lower moisture): 2-3 lbs./acre
- Do not plant in soil with pH greater than 7.5 as iron chlorosis may become an issue
- Please test your soil!
- Under favorable conditions, 1-1¼ lbs. of nitrogen per day of planned growth should be available for ultimate growth, with little risk for nitrate poisoning. For example, for a planned 94 day harvest, 94-117 lbs. of nitrogen should be available.
- Potassium levels should be maintained similar to that of corn
- If soil pH is greater than 7.2, an application of iron may be necessary to prevent iron chlorosis
We’ll continue to update this tab, so please visit periodically to see additional information and resources including product data, testimonials, photos, marketing material and more.