Summer Select Hercules BMR BD pearl millet hybrid is an enhanced summer annual product that delivers a versatile, high quality forage product to dairy, beef, sheep and goat producers. This dwarf-type summer annual is an excellent forage producer with all the attributes that the producer is looking for, such as: rapid growth and regrowth, unsurpassed water use efficiency, drier stalks for exceptional dry down for hay, excellent disease resistance and resistance to aphids. Plus with no risk of prussic acid poisoning! This is THE summer annual that needs to be on your acres and fed to your livestock. You will not be disappointed.
- BMR trait brings greater digestibility
- Versatile hybrid suitable for silage, grazing & dry hay
- Dwarf gene increases leaf:stem ratio & improves standability
- Enhanced palatability, digestibility & overall utilization
- No prussic acid or sugarcane aphid concerns
- Grazing – recommended begin height is 18 to 30 inches with a stop height of 6 to 7 inches (or at least 2 nodes)
- Hay/Baleage – suitable for dry hay or baleage at 40 days or 40 inches tall
Want to see more premium Summer Select™ products? Click here.